The 2018 T-Mobile Home Run Derby field is set. Bryce Harper will represent the home town Washington Nationals in Washington, D.C., but he may not be the clear favorite to win it all.
Harper — who has participated in the event once before — will be joined by seven players making their Home Run Derby debuts, as Major League Baseball showcases the immense young talent around the league.
Who is participating in the 2018 T-Mobile Home Run Derby?
Here are the eight players taking part in the Home Run Derby. They are ranked by their seed in the bracket. The seeds were determined by total number of home runs hit heading into the contest.
• No. 1 – Jesús Aguilar, Milwaukee Brewers
• No. 2 – Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
• No. 3 – Max Muncy, Los Angeles Dodgers
• No. 4 – Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
• No. 5 – Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
• No. 6 – Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
• No. 7 – Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
• No. 8 – Rhys Hoskins, Philadelphia Phillies
Which players will face each other in the in the Home Run Derby bracket?
Here are the first-round matchups according to the Derby’s bracket format: