By Erin Gallagher
Over the river and through the construction, heading to grandmother's house at Thanksgiving could mean lots of orange barrels. Here, the Illinois Department of Transportation has listed each road and ramp closure, and alternative route.
• IL Route 38 is permanent closures leaving one lane in each direction from Kirk Road to east of Kress Road in Geneva and West Chicago. (Kane and DuPage Counties)
• Maple St over Spring Brook Creek in Itasca is closed.
• East New York Street from Welsh Dr. to Asbury Dr. in Aurora – lane closure eastbound and westbound - one lane will be open in each direction.
• IL Route 59, between Diehl Road and New York/Aurora Road will have two lanes open in each direction utilizing the new pavement lanes and some temporary pavement. There will be two lanes of traffic open in each direction under the BNSF RR, two new lanes SB and two existing lanes NB. Across the new bridge structure at Route 59 and I-88 there will be one lane NB and two lanes SB with a designated right lane to enter tollway EB to Chicago.
• EB and WB Indian Trail road over the Fox River is closed to traffic between IL 31 and IL 25, in the city of Aurora. Detour routes are posted.
• US 20 over McLean Blvd – traffic change on Interchange reconstruction in Elgin; two lanes open in each direction.
• French Road over Burlington Creek is reduced to one lane with a temporary traffic signals.
• Harrison St closed between Halsted and Des Plaines. (Bridge over I-90/94) detours are posted. Halsted Street. Bridge reduced to two lanes between Van Buren St. and Harrison St. (bridge over I-290)
• North Ave over Salt Creek; traffic reduced to 2 lanes in each direction.
• There is an EB right lane closure on Congress (I-290) at Halsted and WB left lane closure from Canal to Halsted.
• Willow Road from IL 43 (Waukegan Road) to I-94, one lane is open in each direction to through traffic.
• Closure on North Ave at Des Plaines River Bridge (Thatcher Ave) – traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
• IL 83 from Kedzie to Western/Dixie Highway, going east & westbound, one lane open in each direction; and Western Ave. to Kedzie going north & southbound, one lane open in each direction. Western Ave/Dixie Hwy from 145th each direction. (Posen, IL)
• County Line Road over I-55 bridge rehabilitation and ramps, NB bridge will be closed and traffic crossover to SB bridge with one lane NB, and one lane SB; with one SB ramp lane partially closed with barricades on one side. Approach with caution.
• West Jeffery Avenue over Buffalo Creek in Wheeling. West Jeffery Ave. is completely closed to traffic at the bridge over Buffalo Creek.
• Bridge rehabilitation and ramp construction on I-94/90 (Kennedy Expressway) at Ohio Street) located at the Ohio Street Interchange in Cook County. Ramp partially closed with barricades on one side – enter with caution.
• IL 64 (North Ave) is down to two lanes in each direction from IL 83 to Villa Park.
• IL Route 59, between Diehl Road and New York/Aurora Road there will be two lanes open in each direction utilizing the new pavement lanes and some temporary pavement.
There will be two lanes of traffic open in each direction under the BNSF RR, two new lanes SB and two existing lanes NB. Across the new bridge structure at Route 59 and I-88 there will be one lane NB and two lanes SB with a designated right lane to enter Tollway EB to Chicago.
• I-55 northbound and southbound exit ramps to US 30 in Joliet –reduced to one left turn lane and one right turn lane for each ramp.
• Exchange St Closed (Il Route 394 - Il Route 1) Detour Posted
• IL 31 at IL 120 (North Leg), in McHenry, McHenry County. New lane configuration, one lane open in each direction on IL Route 120.
• IL Route 131 (Green Bay Road) & Wadsworth Road is in Stage 2 detour configuration, with one lane open in each direction.
• IL 132 over the Des Plaines River; one lane closed in each direction over the River.
• Roberts Road and River Road – River Road is closed at Roberts Road – follow posted detour.
• IL 176 (Park Ave.) over the Des Plaines River; One lane open for both directions - with a bridge signal to let either direction pass safely.
• Wilson Road – one mile north of 120 – is in Stage 1 and lane configuring with one lane open northbound and one lane southbound in each direction.
Rock Island County
• River Drive (Third Avenue) is closed between 19th Street and 23rd Street in Moline. Traffic is being detoured to the Seventh Avenue interchange with I-74 while the pavement on River Drive is being removed and replaced.
• US 20 just east of IL 2 at the south edge of Rockford. Traffic is restricted to one lane in each direction as the bridges over the Rock River are replaced.
• IL 2 from Harrison Avenue to Cedar Street in downtown Rockford. Traffic is restricted to one lane in each direction as the roadway is removed and replaced two lanes at a time.
• Minooka Road Bridge CLOSED over I-80, Bridge Replacement, NO DETOUR POSTED
• 57, MP 297, Bridge Deck Replacement, one lane closed in each direction.
• I-57, MP 300, Bridge Replacement, one lane closed in each direction.
• I-57, MP 310, Bridge Replacement, one lane closed in each direction.
• Near Morton, the eastbound I-74 ramp to southbound I-155 will be reduced to one lane.
• The ramp from Northbound I-155 to Eastbound I-74 will be closed and traffic detoured.
• Allen Road at the IL 6 interchange will be reduced to one lane in each direction utilizing a crossover.
• US 150 (Martin Luther King) between Oakwood and Interstate 74 over the Salt Fork Vermilion River next to Vermilion County Fairgrounds. US 150 will narrow down to one lane with barrier wall in place. Traffic signals will be in use to direct traffic.
• IL 119 near Alvin, IL over the North Fork Vermilion River. IL 119 will narrow down to one lane with barrier wall in place. Traffic signals will be in use to direct traffic.
• Business 55/Veterans Parkway over Interstate 74 southwest of Bloomington. North bound and south bound passing lanes are closed with barrier in place. A marked traffic pattern is in use.
• I-39 (North of Normal) mile post 1 to mile post 5 will have the north and south bound passing lanes closed. A marked traffic pattern is in use.
• No closures
• Interstate 57/70 around Effingham; major road reconstruction; stage construction with two lanes open in each direction on 57/70 and one lane open on 57 and on 70, concrete barriers in place.
• CH 7 over Interstate 70 at St. Elmo Interchange; bridge replacement; lane closures with one lane open in each direction.
• Interstate 72 Pride of the Prairie Rest Area; rest area parking lot reconstruction; westbound rest area closed, eastbound open.
• Old Illinois Route 1 north of Mt. Carmel; bridge replacement; road closure with no marked detour.
• Illinois Route 1 in the southwest part of Mt. Carmel; bridge replacement; road closure with a marked detour.
• IL Route 127 structure over the Kaskaskia River will be closed 2.5 miles south of
Carlyle. The road closure is required to replace the structure over the Kaskaskia River and is expected to be completed by December 31, 2014. A marked detour route utilizing Slant Road and IL Route 161 will be in place.
• IL-159 Collinsville will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Johnson Street and Mounds Avenue for pavement reconstruction.
• IL 143, Pierron, bridge over Sugar Creek, reduced to one lane to perform bridge replacement through fall 2014.
St. Clair County
• IL 13 under IL 15 near Belleville will be closed. Closure needed to construct new structures.
• The IL 15 bridges over IL 13 near Belleville will have one lane closed in each direction of bridges. This lane restriction is needed to construct the new Eastbound IL 15 structure.
• I-64 is reduced to one lane Eastbound and Westbound from the Clinton County Line to IL177 for bridge deck patching, wingwall and joint repairs. Work is expected to be completed by December 15, 2014 weather permitting.
• IL 13, east edge of Murphysboro. Bridge construction. Traffic reduced to one lane eastbound and westbound utilizing crossovers.
• IL 146 at Grantsburg. Bridge construction down to one lane traffic controlled by temporary signals.
• IL 1 / IL14, two miles south of Crossville. One lane bridge construction. Temporary signals in place.
• I-64, Milepost 123 to 130. Bridge repair. Traffic reduced to one lane eastbound and westbound.
• I-64, Milepost 84. Bridge repair. Traffic reduced to one lane eastbound and westbound.
• I-64, Milepost 73 to 75. Road construction. Traffic reduced to one lane eastbound and westbound.
• I-57, Milepost 95 to 97. Road construction. Traffic reduced to one lane northbound and southbound.